The Omega Chapter of Delta Tau Delta was established in 1897 as an organization committed to living lives of excellence
The eleven founding members were J. Bird Moyer (Ph.D), Walter Stewart Cornell, J. Bertram Young, Charles Snyder Reeve, Howard Phillip Ziegler, Albert George Pfeiffer, Arnott Richardson Foster, John Clarence Shengle, W. Sherwood Grover, Edwin Elliot, and James Gillinder Jr.
By 1905, Omega resided at 3533 Locust Street.
In 1915, Omega built a new shelter at 3533 Locust St, where Delt would dominate fraternity life for the next 47 years. A fire tragically gutted the interior in 1967, forcing the sale of the shelter to the University and the disbandment of the chapter in 1971. Now the Sweeten Alumni House, our letters still remain proudly over the door.
In 1991, Delt returned to campus. A new shelter at 130 S 39th Street, designed by our chapter advisor, Norm Hetrick (C’96), and funded by our alumni was built in 1997, consisting of two combined Victorian homes. This house is currently rented to Kappa Alpha Theta (“Theta”) by our housing corporation.
In the early 2000s, Delt took a brief hiatus due to some youthful indiscretions in the spirit of the infamous Penn “Rowbottoms”.
Omega chapter is presently expanding and enjoying a renewed presence on campus. We currently reside at 4007 Baltimore Avenue, where we proudly continue to uphold the legacy of our 119-year-old Omega chapter.